Thursday, January 5, 2012

What This Blog Is Not



In typical Buddhist fashion, I inaugurate this blog by talking about an absence. If you've studied emptiness or the Heart Sutra, this makes perfect sense.

This blog is not a record of a perfect life, nor is it the story of a perfect practitioner . I am not one. It will not share any secret wisdom – I have none to impart. It won't be filled with gorgeous photos of home décor, place settings, food, crafts or art. I am a terrible photographer. I can't write about all the things I get done in a day, because to be honest, I don't do much. Just hearing about other people's busy lives makes me feel tired. No sweepstakes, fashion tips, or celebrity gossip either.

What I can share is my daily thoughts, my attempts and failures at practice. Readers can get a glimpse of an one person's attempt to walk the Buddhist path while being a homemaker. I want to document the things I create and grow, my struggle to walk lightly on the earth, the ways I try to nurture my relationships. Above all, I just want to write because I'm not sure I can be happy if I don't.

Welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment